Nika Bogoslovsky
10/12/07
Bradstreet
"If ever two were one, than surely we. If ever man were loved by wife, than thee"
Summary:
This is a poem by Anne Bradstreet about her husband. In this poem she writes about how much she loves him.
Response:
It's awful that I thought this, but my first impression of this poem and A Letter to Her Husband was: wow she's really in love, how can she be so in love. I guess it's just refreshing to read someones actual deep and positive emotions. In media, these days, it's not often I see raw love, I usually see the type of love that comes with expensive gifts but not sincerity. I find her poems to be really beautiful, personal yet something that should be shared. My favourite line is, "My love is such that rivers cannot quench". Rivers are always running and seemingly never ending and her saying that rivers could never quench her love becomes so powerful. It was fun to read a little romance poetry amongst the letters of real experiences.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
20/20 I don't understand how seeing her so in love would be embarrassing....
Post a Comment